Friday, May 1, 2015

Double Challenge Canvas

Hi everyone,

Popping by to share a 9" x 12" canvas I have created for 2 challenges.

Photo was taken last week when we made a short trip to the beach and as usual Gabriel will try to pick up some seashells for me. So this canvas was adapted. Decided to have some fun with words..... Instead of using the the tongue twister "she sells seashells on the seashore", I changed it to "he picks seashells on the seashore"! :)




The whole background was created with loads of Prima products:

Prima Bloom Spray: Glistening Waves, Soft Teal, Summer Sky and Sunshine
Prima Finnabair Art Basics: Heavy Gesso in Black, Heavy Gesso in white and 3D Gloss Gel
Prima Finnabair Art Extravagance: Texture Paste in Platinum Crackle and Texture Paste in White Sand.
Prima Finnabair Art Ingredients: Glass Beads in Zinc and Glass Glitter in Pearl
Prima Shabby Chc Treasures Resins
Prima Junkyard Findings Junkyard bulbs

Other supplies:
Mixed of seashells from craft store and some picked by my boy
Anchor wood veneer from SaCrafters
Medical Gauze

Here's some close up shots for a closer look at the textures. Love all the bumps and cracks!



Let's focus on the challenges,

First challenge I'm taking part in is the Prima PPP April challenge. Out of the delicious color palette, I choosing with work with green, yellow, blue and beige.
Here's the link to their challenge: http://prima.typepad.com/prima/2015/04/aprils-bap-ppp.html#more
PPPAPRIL2015

Next Challenge, of course it's one of my favourite challenge blogs :) 
Scrap Around The World!
This is the link to their April challenge: 


This is a gorgeous mood board! Cause I love everything I'm seeing! I think I have taken inspiration from the whole board!!! From the seahorse, to the star fish, sandy beach, seashells and colors. LOL.

Alright, that's all I have to share today. 

Thanks for popping by and happy crafting!

4 comments:

Athanasia said...

Amazing work, I love it!!! Thank you for joining our challenge at SATW!

Hera said...

Wow! This project is amazing!
Love the texture and the way you used the photo... perfect!
Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap Around the World!

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

What a gorgeous canvas! Amazing! Thank you for joining us at SATW.

langeatheart said...

This is breathtaking! I love the textured background! You did an amazing job of this! All the best from SATW! :)