Monday, April 27, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas for SaCrafters - Spread Your Wings & Fly

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing good so far. I have recently taken on a new job and I know that it's gonna be an exciting journey for me. I should have more time with my kid and getting to work is a breeze when it's just 10mins drive away. So big "yay" to no more traffic jams! :)

This canvas was completed some time back when I resigned from my previous company....wanted to give a message to myself....remember to Spread Your Wings & Fly!


Lots of thoughts have been put into creating this canvas cause I want it to be a very meaningful piece.

  • Lace Flowers; signifying to bloom and grow
  • The big gear behind the brush acts as the sun, hence the way I spread the premixed gel medium giving an illusion of sun rays.
  • Of course I need wings to fly, I put on a double wing reminding me of a butterfly. Meaning it's time to evolve!
  • Lastly, the paint brush. I could have put in a mini broom stick like the Harry Potter Nimbus 2000 if I could find one. So the closest I could play with is a paint brush :)

Here are so close up photos before you scroll on to my video tutorial.





Here's my video tutorial.




I hope you like my video. These are the direct link to SaCrafters supplies used on this canvas. Do remember to apply my discount code priscillafans for a 10% discount during check out.
Wood Gears: http://www.sacrafters.com/product/wood-gears/
Wood wings: http://www.sacrafters.com/product/w-saxy-lily-ornaments-2pcs/

Other supplies used:
Prima Marketing Chalkboard Paint in Antique Pink and Sea Breeze
Prima Marketing Chalk Ink in Dusty Attic
Newton and Winsor Gel Medium with medium beads
13arts Glass Microspheres, Silver Glitter paint and Gold Glitter paint
Webster's Pages - Metal key
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam Paint in Chandelier
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Silver Sugar
Martha Stewart Glitter Paint in Sugar Cube
Laces and metal wings my own

Feel free to leave any comments and Happy Crafting!

No comments: