Sunday, May 11, 2014

2014 - Week 17

Toning down from last week. Here's this week's highlights.

#1 - Gabriel fell down in school again. This time he was careless and fell into a drain.Not sure how it happen but he injured himself on the same spots again when the old injury is still trying to heal.


#2 - Gabriel requested for a notebook
He came back from school one day and requested that I make a notebook for him. When I told him that it's already late we will do it on the weekend, he actually replied to me. 
"Mummy, you don't have to sew my notebook, just use the round thingy on the side."
I smiled and said ok....this boy really knows all my craft tools! When I completed the notebook, Gabriel decorated the cover himself.

#3 Gabriel finally learnt how to used chopsticks. For many years, we have been trying to coax him to pick up a pair of chopsticks but he simply refuse to. Then one fine day he came back from school this week and requested for his pair of chopsticks. Within 4 days, he has already master the skill.
He showed me that as parents we don't have to push our kids to do stuffs. When the time comes, they will want to pick it up themselves.
 

#4 My first dabble in water coloring inspired by Shoo Rayner, an author and illustrator of children's book. I came across his You Tube Video and decided to give it a try. Not bad for a first timer heh.



Alright! That's all I have for today. Come back and visit soon!

No comments: