Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week 7 - First Visit to the dentist

This week, Gabriel paid his very first visit to the dentist for 2 reasons....to clean his teeth and to check on his 2 bottom front teeth which are shaking.

Through recommendation, we went to this Q&M dental clinic near our home and was attended by a particularly nice and patient Dr Dustin. It took quite some time to scrape of a stubborn layer of plaque on the front part of Gabriel's teeth.

With a pair of cool sunglasses and a gentle Dr Dustin.....Gabriel breezed through his first dental appointment. Not a single drop of tears and Gabriel was so calm and relax throughout the whole session!


The ever so patient Dr Dustin attending to Gabriel.

Before I end this post, a cute moment to share.....Mid week, he's been eyeing on the cupcakes since he got home from school and he knows I'm not a fan for sweet stuffs at night. 


So he said to me:
Gabriel: Mummy, chocolate are bad for our teeth right?

Me: Yes. That's correct.

Gabriel: Mummy you so poor thing, I will eat it for you ok. Because I still have baby teeth and they will drop so nevermind. I can eat for you.

Kids! They are so smart nowadays!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I wanted to let your readers know that if you call the dentist and tell them your child is terrified of coming in, they will often go out of their way to ensure your child gets the red carpet treatment. I was so shocked how great they treated my little guy that I find myself raving to anyone who will listen about how great they were.

Joanna @ Westheimer Dentist

Antony said...

I love the cupcake story. My mom used to hide candy bars for herself above the refrigerator and I guess she just had no clue that we knew about them. When my brother was 18, he came home from college and after dinner he just got up and grabbed one. I have never seen her so shocked in my life.

Antony @ Implant Dentist Irvine