This week it's sad that we lost 2 great guys, David Bowie and Alan Rickman. They have both lost their life to cancer and coincidentally both passed away at 69 years of age.
I got to know David Bowie in the movie, Labyrinth which also stars the pretty actress Jennifer Connelly. He was awesome as the Goblin King! As for Alan Rickman, I think we all know him more as the cool Professor Snape in Harry Potter movies. RIP to 2 great guys.
Looking at how fragile life is, it makes me more determine to continue documenting all the wonderful moments. Regardless if it was a big event or just a everyday thing. Moments create memories and memories create our life story. Wouldn't we love having beautiful pages to flip through many years later? I would :)
Amidst the hectic life, I'm gonna share with you a lovely page I have just created for our local scrap store, Made With Love Singapore.
On this layout, I have used loads of Kaisercraft products. Do scroll down all the way to the end to check out my list of supplies.
This photo was taken on a weekend outing to Hort Park on 2 Jan. The weather was really nice after the afternoon showers; cooling, misty and it was a absolutely great walk in the park.
So here are some close up photos for the fine details:
- Take note of how I have folded the papers for some layering and was able to add some gorgeous laces and doilies to the in between layers.
- The corner of the paper was rolled down, allowing me to tilt the flowers and give it some angle instead of lying down flatly on the page.
- In this close up, I'm showing embellishments that were fussy card from a 12x12 paper which has has the edges distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye.
And these are some of the lovely diecuts from Kaisercraft. Beautiful and easy to use.
Don't you just Love the statements too? :)
- Alright in this photo, I'm showing how you can recycle the description strip at the bottom of each 12x12 paper.
- Love the fact that Kaisercraft has made an effort to print beautiful statement on the strip for us to recycle. In case you are wondering, this was cut out from Treasured Moments Collection - Flashback paper.
Last photo here, I'm showing a close up on how I give a pop up effect on the photo.
Printed 2 copies of the photo and fussy cut the 3 of us on one of the copy.
Then using 3D dots, I give it a pop up effect.
Finally, these are the supplies used to complete the project:
Papers from Kaisercraft - Treasured Moments (Left to Right): Flashback, Recollection, Timeless
Papers & Diecuts from Kaisercraft - Treasured Moments (Left to Right):
Recall, Nostalgia, Collectables
From Left to Right:
Kaisercraft - Provincial Collection: 12x12 Specialty Paper
American Craft Thickers: Glitter Foam Stickers, Imprint
Prima Marketing Flowers: Esperanza Querida
From Left To Right:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye, Tim Holtz Blending Tool and Prima Marketing Distressing Tool
From Left To Right:
EK Success Small Precision Scissors, Martha Stewart Craft Knife and EK Success 3D foam Dots Circle
Beacon 3-in-1 glue
Laces and doilies from my own stash.
All items are available in Made With Love Singapore @ 313 Somerset.
Do head down to the store to check out more gorgeous items.
I hope you like what I have shared today.
Thank you and Happy Crafting!