Monday, October 5, 2015

Me and My Boy
A Project for Made With Love

I think everyone agrees that the haze has dampen everyone's spirit recently; depriving us of our usual outdoor activities. 
Hibernating at home is not fun for kids. But for me...I'm happy cause it gives me good reason to stay home and craft....actually I don't even need a reason to craft!! Hahaha But on a serious note, kids will be having their year end exam next month, so it's a good chance for us to revise with them on their school work.
Since we are missing the outdoors, I have decided to scrap a photo of us hanging out at the East Coast beach some months back :)


On this vibrant layout, I have actually gone back to basics...things and techniques which I often use when I first started scrapping. Fussy cutting, tearing, distressing and layering of papers!

Through the years scrapping has evolved to not just paper cutting or using scraps that you can find around you anymore. Mixed Medium or Mixed Media is the current craze now. Scrapping has since become more complicated and arty. Plain paper cutting seems to be a lost in time technique. To be honest, I have also been playing with mixed mediums on my projects. Can't deny that it's fun when you have more "toys".

Well for this layout, you can say that I have gone back in time...it's good right? Since vintage is now the new modern, so I guess old techniques need to be revived! Agree?

In this layout, I have shown that by just using beautiful papers; without all the messy paints and mediums, you can achieve a great looking page too. 

Bottom line is you don't have to spend alot of money to make a beautiful page. 
Check out my supply list and tools used below :)

Here is the supply list:-
My Mind's Eye - My Story paper collection
Kaisercraft - A Touch of Gold paper collection
Bazzill - White cardstock
Bo Bunny - Chipboard Stickers from Provence collection
Prima Marketing - Flowers
Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Dried Marigold

Tools Used:-
Beacon 3 in 1 glue
3D Foam Dots
EK Precision Scissors
Paper Edge Distresser

Do head down to Made With Love and pick up some of these lovely papers before they are gone.

Before I sign off, here are some close up photos. 






Thank you for popping by my blog and do feel free to leave any comments.

Signing off....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great reminder. I love the mixed media craze, but I do have to admit, that I've been brainstorming ways I can do things differently. Your page is awesome! Thanks for sharing!