Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy 50th Birthday Singapore!

As we wind down from the long birthday celebration of our dearest Home.....Singapore; Made With Love Design Team has come together to create some projects for our country's special day.

For me, this special day, 9th of August started with the siren coming on at 9am followed by Lee Kuan Yew's reading of the Proclamation of Independence. Looking at how well all the events have been planned out, free public transport and admissions to major attractions for everyone, the awesome airshow put up by the Black Knights at 12pm and a perfect firework display to end the day. 

I'm truly proud to be a Singaporean. A safe and stable country to be in where we all stand proud dressed in red and white; fist to the heart saying aloud, 

We The Citizens Of Singapore, 
Pledge Ourselves As One United People, 
Regardless of Race, Language or Religion, 
To Build a Democratic Society,
Based on Justice and Equality
So As To Achieve Happiness, Prosperity and Progress For Our Nation

 ....This is HOME, Truly and yes this is still by far my favourite National Day song. It has never fail to strike a cord in my heart.

So without further ado, here's my project. I made a card which I intend to fit it into my project life album together with all the newspaper cuttings to commemorate this special day :)


Happy Birthday Singapore! Majulah Singapura!

Do remember to click on this link and check out all the other projects from the other fellow Made With Love Designers. http://madewithlove.com.sg/happy-birthday-singapore-from-the-team/

No comments: