Monday, September 29, 2014

September DT submission for Made With Love

Hi hi, it's time again for another reveal! This time, it's an altered Prima Bike which I have created for Made With Love :)



When first saw this bike, I love it so much I couldn't resist not taking it home. But then on the other hand, I was sad...thinking why didn't it come in teal like the metal TV or Ornate frame. This is the original look of the bike :(


But when Prima Marketing release their chalkboard paint I jumped with joy on the pretty colors and know immediately what I can do with it and what colors I want....of course my favourite 2 colors! Teal and Pink! LOL.

So the very first night when I brought the chalkboard paint home I was so excited (like a girl receiving her very first Barbie doll) ...Without wasting any time, I  sat down on my table and starting painting my bike.


You can tell from the picture that I have to go through a few layers before getting the exact effect I wanted....my personal view...chalkboard paint is not as thick as some acrylic paints in the market. So when I apply the first layer of Chalkboard paint, it didn't give a good coverage. Thus I added on a layer of Gesso as the second coat before finishing off with a third coat of Chalkboard paint again.
For the final touch up, I stained the whole bike with Martha Stewart paint in Root Beer to give it a rustic look. So after a few hours, I'm finally happy with my bike!



With such a pretty bike, we shouldn't leave it empty correct? It's time for some yummy embellishments!
Let's go through the centre piece (Front Wheel)...
- Webster's Pages Bloomers were used to lay the inner circumference of front wheel.
- Background paper and the Embrace Life tag is from Webster's Pages. Sorry can't remember which collection they were from.
- Resins, flowers and leaves were all from Prima Marketing.
- Wood Veneer gears are from Kaisercraft which I dab on some white Gesso, stained it with distress paint in Spun Sugar and sealed it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze.
- Butterflies were punched out using Martha Stewart Monarch Butterfly punch an 3-1 classic butterfly punch. Prima Chalk Ink was used to inked the edges of the butterflies.
- Did you spot the pillar beside the angel? That was created by rolling up a piece of corrugated sheet.



Next to the front wheel, I have also decorated the space with pretty flowers from Prima Marketing's latest collection. Perfect! My bike is parked in a pretty garden :)


To complete the look, I have added more Webster's Pages Bloomers and feathers around the bottom stand.

Like this dreamy looking Bike? 
Head down to Made With Love and grab your supplies before they run out!

Thanks for looking and I hope I did not overwhelm you with too many photos and details :)

Happy Crafting!