Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Core’dinations Design Team Call

Today I gonna do a post for my application to be part of Core'dinations Design Team.

Still remember when I chance upon Core'dinations Cardstock in a local scrap shop 5 or 6 years back; I was so in excited to have some fun with such unique paper. Sand, tear emboss!! Really?? Wow this paper is awesome. So I picked up a few sheets and there was no turning back.

For the benefit of those new to Core'dinations......Check out this picture below. With a little sanding you turned a piece of simple pink cardstock to a vava boom background! Cool right? Well well the coolness doesn't stop there...you can tear, emboss, distress and so much more!


Now back to the main purpose of this post before I side track too much :) Below are my creations for the application to be part of the design team.

First submission...a layout with lots of sanding and and distressing. Don't you just love distressing on Core'dinations cardstock? It gives the background so much texture. Simply AMAZING. Yeah that's the word...AMAZING!
Actually, this is not my usual style of scrapping but hey that's the beauty of Core'dinations cardstock. They are so easy to take on...A simple technique of sanding and clever use of (Tim Holtz and The Crafter's Workshop) stencils, you get awesome flawless results.
Chipboard embellishments from Blue Fern Studios, Dusty Attic and Studio Calico. They are distress with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. Some chipboards were further misted with Heidi Swapp Color Shine for additional effects.

Next up, two sweet and elegant cards. This pink cardstock is so pretty. I have to confess that I have been hoarding this cardstock for the longest time. I have gone through the motion of taking it out and putting it back countless time! It's so pretty and I adore it so much that I refuse to cut it up! Funny right...hahaha
But since now that I'm applying for a position to the design team, I figured I should be showcasing what I love about Core'dinations. Agree?

Before you scroll down, do take note how just one sanding technique allows such variations and flexibility on the background......
Martha Stewart Doily punch were used on a white strip of white cardstock,
Wood veneer flower from Kaisercraft which I have dab with Tim Holtz Distress Paint in white.
Flower Ribbon and stickers from Webster's Pages
Crystal Heart from Prima Marketing
Bakers Twine from The Twinery
  
Frame from Dear Lizzy
Doily die cut from Prima Doily Dies
Layered sticker from My Mind's Eye
Pearls - from my own stash

I hope these submissions will get me a chance to be part of a fabulous team. I know I will thoroughly enjoy churning out creations with the Core’dinations products.

A big Thank You to Core’dinations for giving International scrappers a chance to be part of the team.

Do feel free to leave a comment about this post. Good night and Happy Scrapping!

No comments: