Monday, June 16, 2014

Cards

Over the weekend, I was in the mood to make some cards as well.

First card, I challenge myself to try and stick to monotone and create a simple and elegant card. Ended up with lots of fun with my Sizzix Big Shot Machine. I have embossed the background, diecut the ornate frame using my Bigz Die and lastly, the LOVE word was cut from Dear Lizzy framelit.


About the Big Shot machine, if you do not have the magnetic platform or is thinking if you should have one, answer is yes! It makes die cutting with framelits a child's play. No more sticking tapes to ensure that framelits does not get shifted out of place while going through the machine. No regrets!


Second card - I made a Thank You card with lots of coloring.... hee hee coloring makes me a very happy girl.

These are the supplies I have used to make the above Thank You card.

In addition, I had some extra time on hand; thanks to school holiday. I'm loving that I have much more ME time. I made the same card using my Derwent Aquatone pencils for the background which gives it a smoother and softer background.

I will leave it to you to decide which look you prefer but I really like my Aquatone pencils!!!

No comments: