Monday, May 19, 2014

Project Life - Just to Share

Today, I would like to share some tips on my project life album.....


Tip #1
Use a variety of  protector sheet to suit your needs. The beauty of project life is comes with many different sizes of protector sheets. So on weeks that I do not have many photos, instead of cracking my head on how to fill up the pockets, I choose to use a 6x12 or a 8.5 x 11 protector sheet to document my moments.
   
 
Tip #2
If you feel that you don't have enough 4x6 cards to fill your page, don't fret about it. Just cut up your pattern papers. I'm sure as a scrapper we all have plenty of papers lying around :)
Alternatively, you can also use a single piece of 12x12 pattern paper and cut it up to the sizes of the pocket. The middle and right column of this photo below is cut up from a single piece of 12x12 sheet. Do take note that if you are like me who likes to embellish my pockets, then use a neutral color pattern paper.
Tip #3
I'm not sure about you but I don't like to see duplicate cards in my album. So that leaves me with the other options - to subscribe to a kit (I love receiving exclusive stuffs that comes with the kits) or buy pattern papers which already have 3x4 or 4x6 cards printed on a single piece of 12x12 paper. 
Some may ask which kit should I subscribe to? Well it really depends on your style and what you need. Some kits out there like freckled fawn (ohdeerme kit) is solely on embellishments. 

Exclusive stamps from my kits which I absolutely love
You can check out the following. Note that the companies below are not posted in order of popularity or preference and I know that there are alot more website out there who are also offering subscription kits.
 
Tip #4
If you have a silhouette cameo, you can save money by printing your own tags, labels, arrow, tabs etc.
Your pages doesn't need to be filled with "branded" stuffs to look nice and pretty. DIY is just as good! :)

  
 

Tip #5
Never restrict your creativeness even when you only have time to update your project life/pocket page albums. Don't let your other materials become a white elephant. In this 8.5x11 page below, I had lots of fun with glimmer mist, distress stains and stamps :)

Oh nearly forgot, many will ask what is the best pen to use for journaling. For me, Zig Photo Signature is my #1 choice. It writes well on photos, cardstock, washi tapes etc. I know many use Sharpie pens as well but I still prefer my Ziggy :)

Ok. That's all for today. Hope I have inspire some of you out there. It's 11.58pm here in Singapore; 2 more mins and I will have to greet everyone Good Morning! Signing off now. Ta Ta :)

4 comments:

Cecilia said...

Love your tips! I have a cameo and love to print & cut my own tags. Would you mind telling me where the ones on the right are from? Thanks :)

sharonskardzkorner said...

I just love your tips too, especially as I am new to PL'ing. Don't have a Silhouette, but seeing your labels is making me think about it. Am following so that I can be inspired. hugs Sharon http://sharon-keanly.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Cecilia, try Lori Whitlock, Echo Park and Simple Stories :)

Hi Sharon, thanks for following. I will be sharing how to made these pretty tags from the cut files on my silhouette software.

Anonymous said...

Hoi Priscilla,

I'm totally new with the silhoutte and I really like to know how I can color the tag's and when it's no print file from the Silhoutte store. Is there anyway you can help me with that or do you know a great tutorial?

Thank you in advance!

Kind greetings,
Monique from the Netherlands