Monday, June 1, 2015

Enchanted Forest

Hello everyone,

What have you been up to recently? Hope whatever it is, things are going on well for you :)

As for me, I have recently been busy coloring!! Yes coloring!! I remember that when I was young, I love to color and I pick up what I love doing decades ago. This time round, I take coloring to the adult level...do you know that there are adult coloring books in the market? I have picked up Johanna Basford's Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest recently and having a swell time coloring. 

Those who know me will know that I need craft therapy regularly or otherwise face a grouchy lady! LoL. These coloring books became a very handy tool when you know you need to do some crafty stuffs but has no time or is too tired to take out all your supplies and start crafting. Coloring is the next best thing. Make sense???


Alright back to main topic. I'm here today to share a project I have created for Off The Rails Scrapbooking based on the June challenge moodboard below. 


Super duper inspired am I by all the beautiful drawings in the coloring books, I decided to make my own version of an enchanted forest.......the pretty colors I used to create this canvas was based on the color palette of Off The Rails Scrapbooking June moodboard. So here it is!!! 



By the way, did you notice there is a little extra magical touch among the leaves? Check out this close up below...I have tiny fairies plucking the magical red flowers. These tiny fairies actually reminds me of Tinkerbell in Peter Pan. Hence, I added the teeny weeny stars between the ground and the leaves. Simulating pixie dust that Tinkerbell has.
Before I forget, do take note how I gave some dimension to the leaves by tracing some of the leaf shapes with a white Uniball Gel pen.



Here are the close up shots for a better look on the fairies and the magical land they are standing on. The fairies from Graphic 45 - Once Upon A Springtime Collection is still my utmost favourite. 



Before I leave you, these are the supplies used on the 9x12 canvas:

Graphic 45 - Once Upon a Springtime Collection
The Crafters Workshop - Woodgrain Stencils
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye, Walnut Stain and Black Soot
Dylusion - Luscious Leaves Stencil
Art Anthology Dimensional Paint - Viridian and Red Velvet
Prima Marketing - White Gesso, 3D Gel Medium
Staz On Ink Pad - Cloudy Sky
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Popsicle, Mantis and Firefly
Katy Sue Designs - Fairies Stamp
Uniball Signo Gel Pen in white
Buttons, Micro beads, Sequins and Flowers - from my own stash
* Most of the supplies I used are available in our local scrap store - Made With Love Singapore*

Do visit this link for more details on the challenge and be inspired by the other designers. 

That's all for this magical post!!

Till next time.....Happy Crafting!

No comments: