Thursday, April 16, 2015

Altered Jewelry Box

Hi everyone,

Another altered item!!....well well I had my fair share of fun with canvas and layouts recently. So today I'm going to showcase an altered jewelry box :)

I picked up this box from a local craft shop some time back. Below is the finished product. Love the rustic look! Scroll down to check out the original look which is plain and boring.



Anyway, I forgot to take photo before I start working on the box, But I found a picture online from this website which is very similar to my box.
http://www.cc-craft.co.uk/jewellery-box-1-pc_2.aspx?gclid=CLD0i6-o68QCFerjwgodLDMAMg


From an original plain looking box where it doesn't get a 2nd glance, I have gave it a fresh new coat of attraction. Agree? Hi 5 to THE power of paints, mediums and embellishments! :)

Here are some close up photos for a better picture of the texture and effects.







If you like what you see and would like to learn how I have achieve this look. Check out my video tutorial for the whole alteration process.

I will be listing out the supplies used along the way, thus do prepare a paper and pen to note down any details :)



These are the direct link to SaCrafters chipboards:
6x6 Fancy Flower Stencil: http://www.sacrafters.com/product/6x6-fancy-flowers-stencil/
C-Flourishes:

Do remember to apply the discount code: priscillafans for a 10% discount when shopping for SaCrafters items!

Alrighty, that's all for today. Happy Crafting!

No comments: