Sunday, February 22, 2015

Creating a simple canvas background with items around the house

Hi everyone,

It's my turn today to be featured in Off The Rails Scrapbooking. For my feature today, I have created a simple video tutorial on creating a simple background with things around the house.

Mixed media is the current trend now with scrapbookers/crafters. If you are new to playing with mediums and still undecided if you should invest in these "toys"; you may want to start off with simple paints and have some fun with items around you.

You can start off with a bottle of texture paste, some paints in my favourite colors and experiment with things around you! For example, expired membership cards, cutlery, cardboard, napkins etc. Be adventurous and you may be surprise how your piece will end up :)

This is the canvas I have created. I made it rather versatile, meaning you can have it with or without photos. In addition, I did not totally glue down the left side so the photos can be easily change as time goes by. Here are the samples.




Enough said, do check out a simple 4mins video on the whole process. Hope you like it :)


Do remember to visit Off The Rails Scrapbooking for more inspirations. They have a bunch of awesome talented ladies sharing their wonderful projects regularly. I'm sure you will be able to learn some new ideas/techniques from them.

Feel free to leave any comments and thank you for visiting my blog today.


Happy Crafting!

No comments: