Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Mixed Media Layout - Love This Moment

Hello everyone,


It's my turn to be featured today on SaCrafters blog and as usual I have loads of fun altering my embellishments.

Here are the SaCrafters products I have used for my project. Aren't they just so lovely? 



This is what I have created for the inspiration today. I happen to capture a awesome view of Singapore's skyline and majestic view of mother nature. I seriously love this moment and I know I have to make a page for this great picture. Don't you just love how he rays are trying to peek out from the thick dark clouds? By the way, there is no special effect/lens use on this photo. I just picked up my Samsung Note 4 and snap this shot. For many years, Samsung phone's camera has never disappoint me.....



So for this project, I have created on a 8.5x11 cardstock with lots of mediums used from Ink, paints to gel medium. Scroll down to check out my supplies list.
Did you notice that the background has some rough texture; similar to a canvas? Well that was achieve with a simple piece of napkin which I have picked up from MacDonalds. Alright....to confess, I have a habit of checking out embossed pattern on napkins! :)You will be surprise how many different patterns you can find. Every restaurant/eateries has their own emboss pattern. They are never the same.

Got you interested? Here's a time lapse video tutorial :)



Here's some close up pictures of my layout in case you want to check out in more details.




Supplies Used:
SaCrafters - Chipboard Roman Clock
SaCrafters - C-dot Heart Flowers
SaCrafters - C-Circle Borders
SaCrafters - Chipboard Title Sentiment - Love This Moment
SaCrafters - W-Lighthouses
SaCrafters - 6x6 Brick Wall No. 3 Stencil

Prima - Chalkboard Paint in Antique Pink and Sea Breeze
Prima - Color Bloom Spray in Gold Foil and Glistening Waves
Prima - Chalk Edger in Attic Dust
Prima - Flowers, Butterflies and metal key
Prima - 3D Gloss Gel
Prima - Stencil

TimHoltz - Distress Ink Pad in Tea Dye and Black Soot
TimHoltz - Distress Paint in Spun Sugar and Evergreen Bough
Tim Holtz - Distress Crackle Paint in Picket Fences

Martha Stewart - Glitter powder in white gold
Martha Stewart - Paint in light gold
Martha Stewart - Butterfly puncher

Tsukineko - Staz On Ink Pad in Jet Black
Tsukineko - Momento Luxe Ink Pad in Wedding (white)
Tsukineko - Delicata Ink Pad in Gloden Glitz
The Crafters Workshop - Mini Cubist Stencil

Unity Stamp - Dream Big Stamp
Claudine Hellmuth Studio - Multi-Medium Gel in Matte
Daler-Rowney - White Gesso
Silver Beads, Tulle, Lace, flat back pearls and gauze designer's own stash.

Phew! That's a lonnnnggggg list of supplies! 

Hope you have enjoyed my post.

Don't forget to key in my discount code "priscillafans" when checking out fromSaCrafters online store!

Before I end, I will also be submitting this layout for 2 challenges:

Scrap Around The World Challenge.
Love this moodboard created by Karita Vainio
For more details, do click on this link
http://scraparoundtheworld.blogspot.sg/2014/12/january-2015-challenge-21-shabby-chic.html




Mixed Media Challenge
Creative Gym - Exercise #3
This challenge is all about wings. How cool right? Butterflies are one of my favorite to work with.
Check out this link for more details and inspiration on this challenge
http://mixedmediaplace.blogspot.sg/2014/12/creative-gym-exercise-3.html




Lots of love and Happy Crafting :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your DT spot with SA Crafters girl! You're really rocking the scrapping world with your gorgeous creations.

Love this interpretation of our mood board as well - so many shabby elements in it and the clever use of Macdonald's napkins too. And always glad to see an entry from Singapore. Thanks for joining us at SATW!

Unknown said...

Hey Jelissa, thanks for the lovely compliments. I'm slowly rocking it...you have already ROCKED it! Hahaha so nice to receive comments from fellow countryman :)

Karita said...

Great work and I love all the background work!
Thank you for joining at SATW!

Athanasia said...

Beautiful work, lovely interpretation of the moodboard! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

Pascale B. Scrap said...

Lots of gorgeous details, beautiful colors!! Thank you for joining both Mixed Media Place and SATW challenges!!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for all the lovely comments :)

langeatheart said...

Beautiful page! I loved watching your video! It's always nice to see how a layout came to be! Love what you did with the chipboard and your background is amazing! All the best from SATW! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for watching my video and the lovely comments Langeatheart :)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Really lovely! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place Creative Gym!

Hera said...

Love your project! Thanks so much for joining us at SATW!