Monday, August 11, 2014

August DT Submission for Made With Love

Hi ya all, time to share my August creation. I can't believe that it's just another 4 more months to Christmas and I'm already seeing all the new Christmas collections from my few selected favourite brands.

Enough said....this month, designers are suppose to scrap around a theme of celebration or special occasion.

So.......Greatest event of this month??? Other than it's my birthday month, it's also SINGAPORE's BIRTHDAY!! I choose to scrap about Singapore National Day of course :)

This layout was completed mainly using the beautiful Webster's Pages Strawberry Fields Collection. It's the perfect collection for a layout on Singapore National Day as it's centers on red and white as well.

Ahem...confession.....actuallllllyyyyyy this is my very first attempt on playing with red and white theme and I was initially skeptical if it will be too red and gawky but in the end it turned out fabulous!! I love the vibrancy and contrast of both colors! Agree?


Following photos are a few close ups on some special touches.....

- Stamping the background with my Hero Arts Dandelion stamp to give it a softer effect.
- Crafter Workshop Sketch Grid Stencils and White Gesso were used to create the grid effect on the red cardstock.
- Star Wood Veneers were inked with Staz On Black Cherry and Ranger Stickles Glue in Diamond added the bling bling
- Lots of distressing, tearing and layering to follow.


You can see from the photos below that I have used Gesso to create a fogged effect on the lines and on the thickers to tone down the Gold glitters. Finally, I completed the whole layout with some final touches of laces and clear stickers (from MAMBI).


Supplies used:
Webster's Pages Strawberry Fields Collection
Webster's Pages Victoria Gardens Collection
American Craft Plain Cardstocks and Thickers
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Prima Doily #2 Metal Die
Maya Road Clear Plastic Clocks
MAMBI - Clear stickers
Hambly Screen Print - Clear white banner (sorry this brand is no longer available)
Hero Arts Dandelion Stamp
Sizzix Originals Die - Large Flourish 659716
Staz On Stone Gray and Black Cherry
Studio Calico Stars Wood Veneer
Tim Holtz Stickles - Diamond
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Tea Dye
Daler Rowney Gesso
Laces - my own

Most of the supplies are available in Made With Love! They are having a storewide discount of 49% till 13 August. You have 2 more days to grab some goodies!! :)



Thanks for visiting and I hope you like this striking layout :)

No comments: