Monday, March 3, 2014

March DT Submission

Color Me Happy it's another reveal of my creations for Made With Love!


From February through March, the designer team in Made With Love are doing a 5 points introduction of ourselves. 


So here's my 5 points which I think most will be curious about..


One - The other side of me

I'm a full time working mother and started scrapping when my little prince Gabriel was born 7 years ago. So what do I work as? People always wonder if I work in a creative industry since I like crafting. Well on the contrary, I work in a boring techky industry. 


Monday to Friday, I'm a sales manager in the Audio/Video world. So asked me what are the different types of TV, home automation systems, digital signage etc and I will be willing to help. Sounds like such boring stuffs ya :)


Anyway, it was my dream to be in fashion or beauty industry but hmmm how did I end up doing something totally opposite? Hahaha I simply have no idea. 


Two - What I Dislike

I'm basically an easy going girl; always smiley and cheery. So I dislike it when people take my "niceness" for granted. 


When I'm nice to people I do not expect anything in return. However if they thought of me as an easy target to be bullied, then "Ching Ching" I will show my cat claws power!


So the above 2 points of some secrets about me...for the next 3 points, let's talk about my favorite hobby - scrapping!


Three - When and where do I scrap?

Since I'm working and I have to guide my boy in his schoolwork as well, I'm usually left with Friday and Saturday night for some "ME" time. However, from this year onwards, I'm determine to keep my project life up to date, hence Sunday evening has been put aside for Project Life. 


So far it's been working out well. A pat on my shoulder for being so discipline! :)  


Scrapping in the night has worked out pretty well for me (except for the dark eye rings to show all my hardwork!) since our dining table doubles up as my craft table.


I'm blessed to have a wonderful hubby who has customized a craft cabinet for me just beside the dining area. The difficult task is to keep the cabinet neat and tidy. This I have to thank Daiso (our $2 shop) that has fabulous storage solutions of all shapes and sizes.


Four - How Much I Love Scrapping

Answer is VERY MUCH (with a big grin) and these are the proofs:-


= if my favourite boutique like GG5 and Made With Love are having a sale I will walk staright into the scrap store without hesitation. 

= Pretty pattern papers and embellishments makes me a very happy girl...and if I can bring them back home I will keep thinking about how I wanna use them over the weekend.

= If I don't get to scrap, I will feel pent up; like a kid who needs some outdoor activities to release some energy and breathe!

= CHA shows always excites me more than fashion shows cause I know there will be pretty new stuffs I can play with soon. I will be watching you tube videos about all the new releases and mentally making a point on which collection I will drool over. 

= And Of Course, every Thursday morning is the day when I look forward to check out what's new in Made With Love.


Oh gosh! Do I sound normal? Hahahahaha


Five - Styles and Brands I Love

For me, it's just 2 styles, vintage or vibrant. If I'm scrapping about my little one, then it will be filled with vibrant color. So needless to say my other style when be vintage complete with sweet laces, tulle, ribbons, pearls and flowers.


I'm glad that in recent years, manufacturers have came up with more boys style which is really great for me. I still remember when I started scrapping how difficult it was to look for some serious boys stuffs to work with. Really happy that we have more choices out there to scrap about boys now.  


As for the brands, I have an endless list that I love working with....hope you are ready for this whopping long list!
  • Pattern Papers - Webster's Pages, Simple Stories, Crate Paper, Kaisercraft, My Minds Eye, Teresa Collins
  • I like Prima Marketing for their chalk ink and pretty flowers
  • My favourite ink pads are Staz On, Momento Luxe and Ranger Distress Ink
  • Favourite Stamps- Hero Arts, Kaisercraft, Technique Tuesday and Lawn Fawn
  • Paints and Mist - Kaisercraft, Art Anthology, Heidi Swapp and Tattered Angels
  • Stencils and Masks - Tim Holtz, Crafter's Workshop and Heidi Swapp
  • Embellishment - Prima Marketing, Studio Calico, Elle Studio, Maya Road and Freckled Fawn
Oops hope I did not just make someone's jaw drop with all these brands?!


Hope the above is enough to satisfy your curiosity. Let's start with my pieces for this month shall we?


First stop....THE layout :) I would like to give some attention to the background which I have used different mediums to create different dimensions.

  • Art Anthology with Tim Holtz Dots Stencil to create a dimension on the 4 corners. 
  • In the middle portion, I have used Kaisercraft stamps with Staz On Dove Gray Ink to give it a watermark effect.
  • Faber Castell Metalli Gelato in pink was used twist out some pink polka dots

You can tell from the layout below that I love using different types of embellishments :) These brands are used in my layout: Crate Paper, Studio Calico, Glitz, Kaisercraft, Teresa Collins, Prima Marketing, My Minds Eye


Next up, I have also made 2 cards of different styles. *wink* *wink* I'm still in the love mood. 

Let's focus on some details about the cards:

  • If you have not been following Made With Love's New Arrivals....this cute little crown is one of it... Click here to check out their weekly new arrivals.
  • The heart and wings are chipboards from Maya Road which I have altered with Art Anthology and Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray.
  • Martha Stewart circle puncher was used to punch out the brown doily. I'm loving this puncher and will definitely check out the other cartridges!

Hmm....about this card, I would say that it's a great "bold" looking card to give to your guy. 


The front pocket adds an interesting touch or wow factor to the card. From the picture, you can see that I have used the camera clip to hide/clip the message "I love you to the moon and back" to the front pocket. It's up to your creativity how you want to use the front pocket. 


For example, you can add more to the message by slotting in an additional tag or better still photos of treasured moments.


So that's what I came up with this month, the other team members have also came up with very pretty pieces. Do remember to check them out.


Genevive


Jeanette


Pooi


Wai Sam


Yvonne

No comments: